Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy Thoughts Coming Your Way

Today's card was designed for the Paper Players Theme Challenge: The Great Outdoors. I started by stamping the Hero Arts Leaf and Floral background onto some 110 lb cardstock from Staples using Tim Holtz Faded Jeans distress ink and then re-inked the stamp using Tim Holtz Broken China and shifted the cardstock over by an 1/8th of an inch to create a sort of blurred two-tone effect. I stamped the chevron from A Creative Journey's I Just Love You stamp set continuously on a 1/2" strip of cardstock and anchored it in the center of the card for a bit of visual interest. Then I stamped the Cherry Blossom Bird image from Stampabilities onto some 110 lb cardstock and colored it in using my Copic markers. The sentiment is from the Avocado Arts Perfectly Perfect Day stamp set and I punched it out using The Modern Label Punch from Stampin' UP. I took a scrap piece of cardstock and inked it all over using the Tim Holtz Faded Jeans again and then punched the Modern Label again as well as two pieces of edging from a Fiskars postage stamp punch and affixed it the trimmed down focal panel. Love the way it turned out!

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, this is just gorgeous! I love the beautiful background you created. The bird is so pretty and your coloring is fabulous! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Marika said...

Amazing colouring and lovely background! I so would have loved this challenge...

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so very much Claire!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Marika!