Wednesday, July 1, 2015

You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Gray

Okay, I'm on a card making roll here today and wanted to share one last card that I made for the Retro Sketches challenge before I go watch some women's soccer. I chose Stampin' UP's See Ya Later stamp set for the start of my card. I love this cute sentiment but have only used it a few times. I masked off the sun and clouds with some painter's tape before I stamped the sentiment because I wanted the rainbow and clouds to be the primary focal image on the card. I cut the rainbow out of some 110 lb cardstock using a Paper Smooches die and then colored each individual arch with the following Copic colors: R29, YR07, Y08, G02, B24, and BV17. Love the way it turned out. I punched the clouds using a Fiskars punch and added some dashed lines around them edges to make them stand out. I added the same dashed lines around the inner white panel to really make it pop. I used some thin satin ribbon to add the bow around the main panel and adhered it to my white card base. Love this happy little card and I hope you do too!


2 comments:

Marika said...

Great take on the sketch, Celeste! Rainbow looks so cool!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Marika! I appreciate that!