Sunday, August 30, 2015

Follow Your Heart

For my second card today I created a jar card for the Retro Sketches #179 sketch. I have had the American Crafts Neapolitan 12x12 paper pack for a few years now and cut up all of the adorable little mason jars on the single sheets of paper to create cards just like this from time to time. So, when I saw this challenge I knew I had to break that paper pack out. I love the watercolored look of this jar and wanted to combine some of that pretty pink with some black, white, and kraft. I used the border pieces from the tops of the 12x12 papers (you know, the stuff you typically pitch) to create the borders along the side of the card and the banner and strip in the lower portion of the card. I did no stamping on this card at all. The sentiment banner on the jar is from the front of an American Crafts paper pad that just jumped out to me so I clipped it out and mounted it onto the jar. I punched a few butterflies using a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and added a few small pearls on the butterflies for some added interest. I wrapped some dark kraft twine from Pretty Pink Posh to the lid of the jar and added a few  sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and the Ton. I matted the whole thing on an inexpensive white cupcake doily I got at the craft store in the bakery aisle and then topped it off with a kraft doily from Maya Road. Love how beautifully and simply it all came together. 


3 comments:

Gloria said...

Beautiful jar and card!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so much Gloria!

Rosemary said...

very pretty... love all the layers!