Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Today's card was created for the Card Concept challenge. While I simply love everything about this photo I was most drawn to the red and white and the gingham. I didn't have any gingham paper but I had some pretty plaid that I wanted to use for this. I wanted to keep the design simple so I chose to basically keep the colors to red, black, and white while adding a bit of shimmer with gold touches. I started with a white card base and then layered on some black cardstock from Stampin' UP. I then added a layer of the plaid paper from Crafty Secrets. I die cut a small white panel using Gina Marie Designs dies and then stamped the tree sentiment from the Kaisercraft Basecoat Christmas stamp set using Versafine onyx black ink for a nice crisp impression. I popped the focal panel up using some foam tape, added a few onyx black sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and a few dots of gold metallic detailing using an American Crafts gold metallic pen. So simple and so pretty! I hope you enjoy!


4 comments:

sandie said...

This is such a fab take on the photo and love how you created the tree and gorgeous background paper. Love you joined The Card Concept x

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the plaid background along with the crisp white and black for the sentiment panel- perfect for our inspiration photo challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept- hugs and have a blessed Thanksgiving week!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Very pretty card--so clean and beautiful! The patterned plaid goes so well with the inspiration photo! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
Take care!
Michele

Lilian said...

It is a wonderful card!!!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio