Thursday, January 21, 2016

Happy Birthday

Today's card was created for the latest Can You Case It sketch challenge. CYCI is celebrating their 3rd birthday and they are celebrating with a black tie event. They offered two options: black, white, and elegant (which I opted for) or black, white, and fun. 
I started with a white card base and layered on a piece of black cardstock from Hobby Lobby. I then stamped my focal image image using the Stampin' UP Thoughts & Prayers stamp set. I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin' UP Curly Cute stamp set. Using a Paper Smooches stitched die I added some stitched lines to the focal panel. I cut a piece of black and white patterned paper from Recollections using another Paper Smooches die and adhered it to my card base. I added a few clear rhinestones from Recollections to the tree and the sentiment and brushed on a bit of clear Wink of Stella for a bit of shimmer and shine. Happy birthday CYCI...I hope you like your card!




4 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

Celeste, I've never seen that tree image before, but I love it. Paired up with that DSP, it looks a little like underground roots from the tree. Very elegant!

Thanks for joining us this week at CYCI!

AJ, DT
CanYouCaseIt

Eva Bussom said...

Celeste, your card embodies the challenge! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Unknown said...

Celeste, a wonderful card! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

Terri said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at CYCI.