Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Happy Holidays

This adorable hot cocoa holiday card was created for the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge. The challenge was to create a holiday card with your favorite warm beverage. Well, we got snow here today in SE Missouri and I had several cups of cocoa today so thought this this card might be appropriate. I started by layering some black cardstock from Hobby Lobby onto my white card base. I layered a piece of pretty plaid patterned paper from the American Crafts Hot Cocoa 6x6 paper pad on top. I die cut a white circle using a die from Spellbinders and then cut a larger circle using a My Favorite Things pierced circle die, layered them together, and popped them up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I die cut my mugs (I'm sorry...I don't know who makes the die) using some more of the patterned paper from the same paper pad and colored the cocoa portion in using a Copic marker. I layered the die cut marshmallows on top and popped the mugs up using foam dimensionals. I layered a piece of white and black cardstock together and die cut my sentiment from an Impression Obsession die and glued it to the panel. A few die cut snowflakes from My Favorite Things and a couple of black gem stones from Ki complete the card!




9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card...love the plaid and all your details!!

Creating with Susan said...

A die for marshmallows? I need that! Your card is so cute!

Linda said...

Such a sweet, adorable card. Thanks for playing with us this week at Merry Monday.

Crafty Cakes and Cards said...

That is a lovely cosy warm card.... I could just cup that drink between my hands on a cold winters day and drink that comforting silky smooth chocolate drink....yum!

paper bag create said...

So cute. Love the die cuts and the plaid pattern paper is perfect! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling duo of cocoa cups! And I love the plaid paper behind! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday!!

Sharron said...

Such a sweet card! Love the papers--that plaid is perfect!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love the papers and colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love your card . . . especially those little marshmallows.