Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Birthday


Today's card was originally created for a photo inspiration challenge over at The Challenge but I created this card too late to join. Story of my life...LOL. Anyway, the original inspiration photo had a gorgeous ebony vase filled with beautiful peonies and lots of pretty gold elements and bright colors. I have stamp set very similar to the peonies in the photo called As We Go Along by Unity Stamp Company. So, I started with by stamping that image in Memento tuxedo black ink and coloring it using Copic markers. I stamped the image twice and fussy cut just around the blooms so I could pop them up later. Once my image was colored I die cut the piece using a x-stitched circle die from Gina Marie Designs. For my card base, I added a strip of black cardstock from Stampin' Up and a piece of gold and white striped patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Fancy That 6x6 paper pad. I then adhered my focal die directly onto the cardbase and then popped the blooms up off of the image using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I cut a small strip of the black cardstock and prepped it with my embossing buddy and then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment using Simon Says Stamps Friendship Messages stamp set and some clear Versamark ink. I heat set it using liquid platinum embossing powder from Ranger. I popped the sentiment strip up using some 3M foam tape and then added a few gold sequins from The Ton and a black sequin from Pretty Pink Posh using some Ranger multi medium matte adhesive. I hope you like it! 


6 comments:

Maria Giselle B. said...

Love how you colored the peonies. Very pretty!-Maria

~amy~ said...

Super Gorgeous WOW!

Lesley said...

This is stunning! I love the bold stripes! Awesome card!

Lisa Elton said...

Those flowers are STUNNING!! Fabulous card Celeste!!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste,

First of all, this card is gorgeous! Love that beautiful flower against that striking striped background. :)

Secondly, thanks for sharing the story about your granddaughter. Looks like we have similar reasons for paying it forward for the kids at children's hospitals. I was in and out of Nationwide Children's 50+ times in my first two years of life. (My mom had the hospital bracelets to prove it!) So, I totally get wanting to brighten a day and a bring a smile to a little patient. Thanks so much for your support of the kids at Nationwide Children's.

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, I can't imagine! You and your poor mom! I hope your health is better now Sylvia.