Sunday, August 14, 2016

Merry Christmas

My second card today was created for the latest Time Out challenge. The challenge this week is to create a holiday card with no stamping for the focal image. I created my card by layering on a piece of Stampin' UP cherry cobbler cardstock onto my white card base and added some white faux lines around the edge using my Signo uni-ball white gel pen. I die cut a stitched edge rectangle panel out of white cardstock that I got at Staples using a Gina Marie Designs die. I popped it up off of the card using 3M foam tape. I die cut the Merry Christmas sentiment using a Simon Says Stamp die and some more of the cherry cobbler cardstock. I then die cut the wreath and holly leaves using a Memory Box die set and some forest green cardstock from Hobby Lobby and cherry cobbler and early espresso cardstocks from Stampin' UP. I mounted all of the images directly onto the focal panel using my Zig 2 Way Glue Pen. This card was simple and easy and I hope you like it! 

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the simplicity and cleanness of this Celeste! Very pretty!

Leigh Penner said...

This is wonderful, Celeste!

Jill V said...

A great design - I especially like how you added the white stitching to the card base - it really completes the card! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

Lisa Kind said...

Great use of dies! Love the design! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!