Sunday, January 15, 2017

Joy To The World

This card was created for the latest Shopping Our Stash "Stickle Me Elmo" challange. The challenge is to use Stickles or any sort of glitter pen on our project. I created this card using some pretty patterned papers from Heidi Swapp's Noel 6x6 paper pad and a My Favorite Things Pure Innocence angel stamp. I stamped the angel onto some Copic-friendly cardstock and then paper pieced her gown, wings, the horn, and the bird onto the image after coloring and shading all of the pieces. I die cut the focal panel using a Spellbinders die and added some clouds that I'd paper punched using an EK Success punch. I stamped the sentiment onto one of the clouds using The Taylored Expressions Big Bold Christmas stamp set. I adhered the panel directly to the card and added some black stitched lines around the outer edges, some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, and some glittery detail to the headpiece, wings, horn, bird, and the sentiment using my Sakura gelly roll clear star pen for pretty shimmer. I tried to pick up how shimmery it is with my camera but had a tough time. I hope you can make it out. 




5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Celeste, this is DARLING.

Chana Malkah said...

Cute image and you have used the stickles perfectly in this design! Shiny elements are difficult to photograph, Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh is this ever sweet!! CUTE card Celeste!!

Donna said...

Super cute card Celeste!
Thanks for joining in the fun at SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Waving My Wand said...

I looooove this, Celeste. So precious and perfect!