Friday, February 10, 2017

Merry Christmas

Today's card was created for the latest Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge. I started with a kraft card base and layered a panel of plain white cardstock onto top cut slightly smaller than my card. I added 1/2" strips of patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly 6x6 paper pad in a tapering line to mimic a Christmas Tree. I topped it with a punched star from the same paper collection and a strip of brown cardstock. I stamped the sentiment from Amy R Stamps Big Christmas Wishes stamp set using chocolate chip ink from Stampin' UP. To finish my card I added a small clear rhinestone from Recollections to the star and some brown dashed lines around the outer edge of the focal panel. I hope you like this quick and easy card and thank you for visiting my blog!

5 comments:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Oh my, this is so fabulous. Just love what you did with the pattern paper. Must put this one in my creative book.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Berni

Christina said...

Hi Celeste. What a sweet Christmas card! Great design too. I want to stop by and let you know you're one of the blog hop winner of my Hug a Heart Card Drive blog hop. Please stop for the instruction www.christinahordesigns.com. Have a lovely weekend. Happy crafting.

Lisa Elton said...

What a creative design Celeste, this is fantastic!! Great way to use up snippets of DP too!

Barbara said...

Wonderful card... I've tried something similar but somehow it just looked odd - which is so not true about card, it' a beauty!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so cute! Love the pattern paper you've used!