Sunday, July 23, 2017

Happy Birthday 2 You

Today's card was created for the latest Watercooler Wednesday challange. To create my card I started by layering some Stampin' UP early espresso cardstock onto my white card base. Then I created a focal panel using some typing paper and gluing hexagon scraps that I created using a Fiskars punch and patterned papers from the Simple Stories Take A Hike 6x6 paper pad. I love using this technique to get rid of those tiny scraps that I accumulate making cards. I went around the edges of each hex shape with Tim Holtz distress ink in tea dye for a nice vintage look. Once the panel was complete and adhered to the card I stamped the sentiment using a Stampabilities stamp that I picked up at Hobby Lobby in Gina K charcoal brown ink. I added a border of early espresso cardstock and set the sentiment at an angle for some added interest. For a finishing touch I created two faux enamel dots using Nuvo Crystal Drops in dark walnut. Love how clean and simple this card is. I hope you like it too!


6 comments:

Sybrina K said...

Hi Celeste, What a great idea! I think I have that very same punch and so seldom use it. Gotta remember to do this to use up some scraps. :)

Celeste Goff said...

Girl, you've got to break that punch out and get rid of some scraps!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun way to use up scraps Celeste! Love the cheerful mix of patterns and colors. This is fantastic!

Penny Hanuszak said...

This is a great masculine card Celeste. I like the patchwork and bold sentiment strip. Really nicely done! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Celeste, what a fun card! All those wonderful colours and patterns in the Designer papers really are eye-catching. Love the slight vintage look and that angled sentiment. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Nancy Thomas said...

What a great way to use up scraps! Fun card.