Sunday, January 14, 2018

Just A Note To Say


Today's card was created for the latest Addicted To CAS card challenge. As many of you know, clean and simple has never been my thing. I struggle with it because I love layers and patterned paper but it's good to break out of our comfort zone, right? To create my card I die cut a piece of patterned paper from the 7gypsies Postale 8x8 paper pad down using a Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle die. I stamped the musical note elements from the Skipping Stones Design Heartsong I stamp set twice onto the focal panel using Gina K warm cocoa ink. I then stamped the bird, sentiment, and musical notes from the same stamp set onto the panel using Memento tuxedo black ink so I could add some Copic coloring. The leaves at the end of the branch are from the Heartsong II stamp set. The patterned paper was a bit flimsy so I die cut another rectangle panel using 110lb cardstock and backed it against the paper. I went around the edges of the panel with Tim Holtz distress ink in tea dye just to give it a nice vintage look. I popped the panel up off of the card using some 3M foam tape and added a few clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for a finishing touch. I hope you like it and thank you for visiting my blog today!


6 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a charming card, Celeste! I love how you layered all of the stamped elements and how you added texture to the background...Very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I really love the way you built this scene. I love the juxtaposition of the horizontal placement of the branch, bird and musical staff with the vertical row of houses. The colors are wonderful and I love the touch of the inking around the edges. Lovely interpretation of the code word. Thanks so much for playing with us at ATCAS!

Lisa Elton said...

Love they you've layered all of these images together into a beautiful collage style card! Fabulous!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a pretty and well balanced card.
I like how the bird is stamped onto the music, so that it shows through a little. It's a lovely effect.
xxx

Sybrina K said...

So pretty, Celeste! Love the layered stamping.

Jennifer said...

Fabulous card, Celeste. I love the design and the colour combo is 'just right'!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x